From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: changing the developer profile: FEATURES="test" -> FEATURES="test-fail-continue"
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:54:31
1 On 6/7/10 12:10 PM, Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > as it seems, there is disagreement about the issue among developers.
3 > Perhaps the council would like to settle this, so that we can go on with
4 > our lives.
5 >
6 > i do agree, that all packages should build successfully including the test
7 > phase. RESTRICTing the test and an open bug when this is not the case.
8
9 Thilo, I'm trying not to touch the issue of test failures at all. Also,
10 my feeling is that although not too many people commented here, we have
11 a consensus in favor of my suggestion.
12
13 And my suggestion is to replace FEATURES="test" in the developer profile
14 with FEATURES="test test-fail-continue" to make us developers actually
15 use it.
16
17 I've been running my dev box with FEATURES="test test-fail-continue" and
18 I'm happy. I'm filing bugs for the test failures, but the packages get
19 installed regardless of that (i.e. I get the work done).
20
21 If it does answer your doubts, then great. If it doesn't, please let me
22 know what I'm missing.
23
24 Paweł