From: Brian Jackson <brian@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:47:37
1 # man 5 ebuild
2 is pretty up to date
3 other than that, I would just look through others that do something similar
4 and see how they do things
5
6 --Brian
7
8 On Tuesday 10 June 2003 08:49 pm, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
9 > If this is the wrong list for this question please tell me where to move it
10 > but it doesn't seem to fit gentoo-user or any of the others.
11 >
12 > I want to do an ebuild for some programs but have never done one. I've
13 > read the Gentoo docs on ebuilds and eclasses and the man pages for ebuild.
14 > However, in looking at some ebuilds - noticably flight gear and wine-cvs I
15 > see variables such a $PV defined. The docs mention $P but not $PV or other
16 > variables. I've browsed some of the eclasses trying to find the
17 > definitions and haven't been successful. Where are these explained. Are
18 > there any more docs I can read?
19 >
20 > Thanks.
23 OpenGFS -- http://opengfs.sourceforge.net