From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:44:33
1 If this is the wrong list for this question please tell me where to move it
2 but it doesn't seem to fit gentoo-user or any of the others.
3
4 I want to do an ebuild for some programs but have never done one. I've read
5 the Gentoo docs on ebuilds and eclasses and the man pages for ebuild.
6 However, in looking at some ebuilds - noticably flight gear and wine-cvs I
7 see variables such a $PV defined. The docs mention $P but not $PV or other
8 variables. I've browsed some of the eclasses trying to find the definitions
9 and haven't been successful. Where are these explained. Are there any more
10 docs I can read?
11
12 Thanks.
16 Brett I. Holcomb