From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reducing the size of distfiles for our mirrors
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:24:30
1 On Friday 25 July 2003 22:04, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 >
3 > If the source code's in our distfiles mirror system, we're immune from any
4 > changes / withdrawals made elsewhere. Our ebuilds will continue to work
5 > until the package itself breaks, or we choose to replace it.
6 >
7 > But if we're not mirroring the source code, then the ebuild breaks as soon
8 > as the source code tarball/rpm/whatever is withdrawn from the author's
9 > master site. It shouldn't be a big problem, but it's worth thinking about.
12 To battle such an event we could choose to automatically mirror the original
13 location, and have a fill in file to come into place as soon as a file is
14 removed from such a mirror.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze