From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Network configuration and bash
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:06:04
1 On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 19:42 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
3 > > You need to define what shell (or subset) you want to parse it. 'sh'
4 > > itself varies from platform to platform.
5 >
6 > our standard has always ("always" is relative here; let's say "current") been
7 > the bash superset of POSIX ... if a request comes up where someone wants to
8 > change code because it breaks in their shell but the code in question is
9 > POSIX compliant, the answer is simple: blow me
10 >
11 > if the request is reasonable like stop using some bashism in favor of the
12 > POSIX form and the change isnt invasive, then sure we'll generally make the
13 > change
14
15 /me likes the direction Roy is heading with this.
16
17 > -mike
18 --
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>