From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Network configuration and bash
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:44:50
1 On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > You need to define what shell (or subset) you want to parse it. 'sh'
3 > itself varies from platform to platform.
4
5 our standard has always ("always" is relative here; let's say "current") been
6 the bash superset of POSIX ... if a request comes up where someone wants to
7 change code because it breaks in their shell but the code in question is
8 POSIX compliant, the answer is simple: blow me
9
10 if the request is reasonable like stop using some bashism in favor of the
11 POSIX form and the change isnt invasive, then sure we'll generally make the
12 change
13 -mike