From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:40:22
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:38:18 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > Ignoring possible semantic issues for the moment,
6 >
7 > Please point them so I could fix them properly ^^
8
9 For example all the ordering issues pointed out by others in this
10 thread. Also the whole 'template' approach is likely going to introduce
11 a number of issues. And as your proposal is lacking a lot of details
12 more problems will come up over time.
13
14 > > Which in turn either means that the PM has to internally support
15 > > the SCMs or support some new phase functions to extract the
16 > > revision.
17 >
18 > After some discussions with dev-zero, I think we'll need a new phase,
19 > possibly trigged by maint, before I was thinking about adding it to
20 > sync.
21
22 What exactly do you mean with 'maint'?
23
24 > > Plus it has similar (unstated) transition issues as GLEP-54, just
25 > > avoids a new comparison algorithm and the CPV vs. atom issue.
26 >
27 > Hmm, give me more informations about your concern.
28
29 Simply how would you actually introduce this stuff without breaking
30 existing setups?
31
32 Marius
33 --