From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:39:10
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Ignoring possible semantic issues for the moment,
3
4 Please point them so I could fix them properly ^^
5
6 > I'd be against this simply because it would require the PM to be aware
7 > of the current revision of the repository and to transform it into a
8 > integer value (trivial for SVN, not so trivial for CVS for example).
9
10 You should be able to have a generic framework that just uses what the
11 ebuild needs to get the sources, standardizing the live eclasses will be
12 enough.
13
14 > Which in turn either means that the PM has to internally support the SCMs
15 > or support some new phase functions to extract the revision.
16
17 After some discussions with dev-zero, I think we'll need a new phase,
18 possibly trigged by maint, before I was thinking about adding it to sync.
19
20 > Plus it has similar (unstated) transition issues as GLEP-54, just avoids
21 > a new comparison algorithm and the CPV vs. atom issue.
22
23 Hmm, give me more informations about your concern.
24
25 lu
29 Luca Barbato
30 Gentoo Council Member