From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:19:09
1 On Monday 12 July 2004 03:47, Jeff Smelser wrote:
2 > On Sunday 11 July 2004 04:38 pm, Joseph Booker wrote:
3 > > I will say quite seriously for Jeff that to hate gnome because redhat
4 > > endorses it is both immature and goes against your previous statment
5 > > *that same email* over regretting things - making personal attacks on
6 > > RedHat and the Gnome project, when there maybe be members or
7 > > customiser on this list of them.
8 >
9 > I hate them and I can choose to. So get over it. Redhat used to big a
10 > big part of gnome. Redhat also use to be a big portion of the
11 > development code as well, thats why they like it so much. What I said
12 > was, I hate redhat and gnome for a reason. But I never said why. I
13 > didn't personally attack them, I just said I hated the both of them..
14 > Get your facts straight before you run your mouth about how I do this
15 > and that.
18 But in this case you also cannot use kde. Kde uses libxml2 which is a
19 gnome lib as a core part. It also uses other gnome libs optionally, so
20 get over it.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze