From: Taahir Ahmed <ahmed.taahir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up integration of external repos into ::gentoo
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 00:38:56
1 On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 > IMO the best way will be to put mandatory stuff in the
3 > repo/gentoo.git.
4
5 On Thursday 13 August 2015 07:02:59 Rich Freeman wrote:
6 > Tend to agree. The main reason not to would be if they were
7 > maintained by different groups and we wanted to control access. If
8 > "news" were about PR that might be a real issue, but the GLEP news is
9 > more about package notifications, and the security team probably also
10 > needs tree access as well, so at least at present I'm not sure I see
11 > the need to separate them. GLSA state is also pretty closely
12 > associated with tree state so it really seems like it should be in the
13 > tree.
14
15 Is there some consensus on integrating this stuff into the main
16 repository?
17
18 I've recently converted my cave setup to directly sync from the git
19 mirror. Hasufell wrote an excellent example configuration for cave [1],
20 but 90% of the configuration changes are hooks for gluing clones of dtd,
21 glsa, herds, and news into the checked-out copy of repos/gentoo.git.
22
23 Things would be a lot simpler if these were just in repos/gentoo.git,
24 especially since they are tightly coupled to the state of the tree.
25
26 [1] https://github.com/hasufell/paludis-gentoo-git-config/tree/master/etc/paludis/hooks/sync_all_post
27
28 Taahir Ahmed