From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
To: Camille Huot <cam@××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Breaking up the beast known as app-games
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:45:11
1 If/when such changes are made, it would probably be a good idea to add symlink
2 support (for when packages may fall in multiple categories)
3
4 On Thursday 04 September 2003 07:42 pm, Camille Huot wrote:
5 > We have to keep a reasonnable size (not too deeper) imho. But 3 or even
6 > 4 levels (rare) sounds nice to me.
7 >
8 > On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:14:00 +0000
9 >
10 > Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o> wrote:
11 > > It would also seem that could change the entire portage tree structure
12 > > (for the better?):
13 > > app/games/arcade/somegame
14 > > kde (the metapackage we currently have)
15 > > kde/base/kdelibs
16 > > kde/base/kdebase
17 > > etc...
18 > >