From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC6 Boot ISO reports + info [kind of long]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 14:46:28
1 On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 03:08:25PM -0400, Donny Davies wrote:
2
3 > For what it's worth all of our build iso's boot perfectly and work fine on
4 > any type of IDE equipment I've thrown at them so far, its just the SCSI
5 > that needs some tweaking. This isn't just a case of adding support for the
6 > 53c810 controller or something else simple/similar is it drobbins?
7
8 No, the kernel and initrd loading happens *before* Linux, so this sounds like
9 a BIOS/SCSI BIOS issue.
12 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
13 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
14 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.