From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>, "Justin \\<jlec\\>" <jlec@g.o>, qa@g.o, cardoe@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XML Schema files for metadata.xml, projects.xml and repositories.xml, for review and testing
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 19:28:50
1 >>>>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2016, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 19:26:15 +0100
4 > Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >> So I guess we could use the following form when SLOTs are needed:
7 >> <pkg>media-libs/gstreamer</pkg>:1.0
8 >> ?
9
10 > Prolly.
11
12 > Just to be clear, I have no clue what the original use of <pkg/>
13 > was and what the final outcome of this will be. This thread was
14 > established mostly in order to determine that. I'd wait for ulm to
15 > turn up and have some suggestions ;-).
16
17 :)
18
19 No idea what the original purpose was, but <pkg> and <cat> are
20 specified in GLEP 56 [1]:
21
22 - Each <flag> XML tag allows 0 or more nested <pkg> XML tags whose
23 character data is a valid CP or CPV as defined by the Gentoo
24 Development Manual - Ebuild File Format [2].
25
26 - Each <flag> XML tag allows 0 or more nested <cat> XML tags whose
27 character data is a valid category.
28
29 So looks like a version is allowed, but not a slot.
30
31 CCing Cardoe. What was the original intention behind <pkg> and <cat>?
32
33 Ulrich
36 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:56
37 [2] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/file-format/index.html