From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>, "Justin \\<jlec\\>" <jlec@g.o>, qa@g.o, cardoe@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XML Schema files for metadata.xml, projects.xml and repositories.xml, for review and testing
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 19:36:16
1 On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 20:28:33 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2016, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >
6 > > On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 19:26:15 +0100
7 > > Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o> wrote:
8 >
9 > >> So I guess we could use the following form when SLOTs are needed:
10 > >> <pkg>media-libs/gstreamer</pkg>:1.0
11 > >> ?
12 >
13 > > Prolly.
14 >
15 > > Just to be clear, I have no clue what the original use of <pkg/>
16 > > was and what the final outcome of this will be. This thread was
17 > > established mostly in order to determine that. I'd wait for ulm to
18 > > turn up and have some suggestions ;-).
19 >
20 > :)
21 >
22 > No idea what the original purpose was, but <pkg> and <cat> are
23 > specified in GLEP 56 [1]:
24 >
25 > - Each <flag> XML tag allows 0 or more nested <pkg> XML tags whose
26 > character data is a valid CP or CPV as defined by the Gentoo
27 > Development Manual - Ebuild File Format [2].
28 >
29 > - Each <flag> XML tag allows 0 or more nested <cat> XML tags whose
30 > character data is a valid category.
31 >
32 > So looks like a version is allowed, but not a slot.
33 >
34 > CCing Cardoe. What was the original intention behind <pkg> and <cat>?
35
36 I would suggest we avoid using the 'CPV' syntax, and either allow only
37 qualified package names or any package dependency specifications.
40 Best regards,
41 Michał Górny
42 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>