From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] deprecating /etc/make.profile
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 04:40:58
1 On 1/11/07, Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > And I assume there is a non-trivial number of custom scripts out there
4 > using make.profile, but that's nothing we can do about.
7 You could give them all a grace period for which have to comply with
8 the new standard by then end of it, and have ( during that grace
9 period ) an automatic symlink generation based on that make.conf flag.
10
11 And just to make sure, I doubt it would be too difficult to have an
12 application that analyises packages as they install to check whether
13 they reference make.profile or not, and flag a QA warning if they do.
14
15 And packages that don't switch to the standard by the end of the grace
16 period I guess we'll see on a "last rites" bulletin ;)
17
18 -
19 Kent
20 --