From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Where to put prerelease vanilla kernels?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:49:25
1 On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:56:44 -0400
2 Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > package.mask is what I was really trying to avoid. It's always a pain
5 > to have to unmask a package if you want to use it.
6
7 It's not anymore such a pain with custom package.(un)mask, this feature
8 just lacks documentation.
9
10 I personnaly thinks using package.mask to mask prereleases of kernels
11 is the better solution. This way, a user has much more possibilities to
12 control which versions he wants to use:
13 o Does he only want stable version? He has no changes to do.
14 o Does he want to test everything? He can unmask
15 "sys-kernel/vanilla-sources"
16 o Does he want to test _rc but not _pre, in 2.4.22 branch? He can
17 unmask ">=sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.4.22_rc1" and mask
18 ">sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.4.22*"
19 o etc.
20
21 There is no such to specify a custom policy with ~arch masking.
24 TGL.
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list