From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: New category proposal
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:21:23
1 maillog: 11/05/2005-16:41:37(+0100): Ciaran McCreesh types
2 > On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:59:42 -0700 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3 > | 1) Human. It's frustrating to do emerge sudo and have it tell you to
4 > | specify, when there's only /one/ "normal" sudo. The /other/ sudo
5 > | should be vim-sudo or whatever, as you mention later.
6 >
7 > Silly. Then you'd *always* have to give the full name of a package when
8 > merging, in effect... emerge sys-devel-gcc rather than emerge gcc with
9 > emerge sys-devel/gcc as a fallback, for example.
10
11 But we are only arguing of getting the categories (partially) in the
12 package name only where there is a necessity. The example with sudo is
13 with app-admin/sudo being strictly sudo, and app-vim/sudo being
14 vim-sudo. So we keep the current names except for those that clash, and
15 even there only change as little as possible.
18 > Georgi Georgiev > To be who one is, is not to be someone >
19 < chutz@×××.net < else. <
20 > +81(90)2877-8845 > >