From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic Bug Assignment
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 18:24:32
1 On 6 February 2016 at 06:41, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > ; but 5% of the time is wrong.
3
4 Just here, in the "5% are wrong" case, instead of the problem being
5 resolved by bug wranglers, ... the problem has to be resolved by
6 whoever got assigned.
7
8 And they might not even be around in the next 2-3 weeks.
9
10 Which means while it may make an improvement of 5% for the 90-95% of
11 cases, the detriment might be 50% worse for the residual 5-10%.
12
13 Is that a fair compromise? Can't say.
14
15 Its the sort of thing I'd have to see in practice in a limited
16 capacity with a promise that we can just get rid of it if it turns out
17 to be more trouble than its worth.
21 Kent
22
23 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL