From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:20:37
1 On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 18:55, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > I'm not completely opposed to XML although I see little use here, but I
3 > see the big show stopper: Transition. We have a live tree as well as a
4 > dozen tools (estimated) using the Changelogs, some of them aren't even
5 > under our control (gentoo-portage.com and porthole are popular
6 > examples). How do you plan to change the format in such an environment?
7 > Without an answer to that question the whole issue is academic.
8
9 Use the -release trees... "For 2005.0, we've decided to switch to an
10 XML-based ChangeLog system. The -current tree will continue to have
11 both styles of ChangeLogs, with the plain-text ChangeLog being
12 depracated, until 2005.1 is released, at which time the plain-text
13 ChangeLog will be dropped from the -current tree in favor of the new
14 XML-based format."
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
19 Gentoo Linux
20
21 Is your power animal a penguin?