From: Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] license issue with fretsonfire
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 20:56:54
1 Arun Raghavan wrote:
2 > The fonts license seems to be the same as licenses/BitstreamVera which
3 > is in-tree.
4 >
5 One of them, yes. But the two others fonts license are more difficult to
6 get.
7 > As for the songs, does it make sense to put that in a separate package
8 > that the code package depends on? The package can have the restrictive
9 > license it is distributed under and RESTRICT="mirror bindist".
10 >
11 Yes, I can do a fretsonfire package and a fretsonfire-data package like
12 nwn. It makes sense for licensing but it will force us to mirror
13 self-splitted packages.
14 But even if doing that, what will be the LICENSE for fretsonfire-data ?
15 "Distribution, modification or commercial usage of the songs is not
16 allowed" is not really a license ;) (and I will have to add the 3 fonts
17 license with 2 unknown)
18
19 By the way, I have contacted upstream about this issue and I didn't get
20 any answer.
21
22 For information, copying file is here :
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~volkmar/fretsonfire_copying.txt
24
25 Thanks,
26 Mounir