From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] license issue with fretsonfire
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 20:15:45
1 On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 18:17 +0200, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
2 [...]
3 > I think the code can be considered GPL-2 (i will check if there is no
4 > header specifying something else) and for the fonts, I will have to add
5 > 2 licenses not in the tree at the moment.
6 > But what to do with the songs ? I suppose it's not the first GPL game
7 > having "non very clear" license about data. How games team is managing
8 > that ?
9
10 The fonts license seems to be the same as licenses/BitstreamVera which
11 is in-tree.
12
13 As for the songs, does it make sense to put that in a separate package
14 that the code package depends on? The package can have the restrictive
15 license it is distributed under and RESTRICT="mirror bindist".
16
17 -- Arun