From: Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] license issue with fretsonfire
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 16:17:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I was going to put frets on fire into the tree when I realized the
4 license of this game [1] is not very easy to get. The source code is
5 GPL-2 (with this note "some source files derived from other sources might
6 have differing licenses."), 3 fonts files have specific licenses and the
7 songs follow this rule "Distribution, modification or commercial usage
8 of the songs is not allowed.".
9
10 I think the code can be considered GPL-2 (i will check if there is no
11 header specifying something else) and for the fonts, I will have to add
12 2 licenses not in the tree at the moment.
13 But what to do with the songs ? I suppose it's not the first GPL game
14 having "non very clear" license about data. How games team is managing
15 that ?
16
17 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~volkmar/fretsonfire_copying.txt
18