From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Network configuration and bash
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 02:30:17
1 On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:39:03 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Roy Marples wrote:
5 > > Hopefully I've justified this enough :)
6 >
7 > justified what ? this thread started off killing bash array
8 > requirements in the network config file and now it looks like your
9 > killing the shell everywhere ?
10
11 No, I'm just interesting in killing bash array requirements in the
12 network config file.
13 Once that is done, then you can use whatever shell you wish as far as
14 the init scripts allow, which will hopefully be all of them in portage.
15
16 > to be honest, unless the new code is really good, it's still going to
17 > be not suitable for real embedded systems ... sure, i run Gentoo on
18 > all my embedded machines, but lets be honest, these arent even close
19 > to real embedded -mike
20
21 I cannot argue that as I have no embedded systems of which to speak.
22 However, some users and devs who use embedded systems have expressed an
23 interest so I'll let them argue as they will.
24
25 Thanks
26
27 Roy