From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ideas for gentoostats implementation
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 00:24:21
1 On 2020-05-05 00:57, Andrey Utkin wrote:
2 > I assume we have logs of distfiles downloads from Gentoo infrastructure, and
3 > can negotiate access to relevant logs of our mirrors. That constitutes partial
4 > data correlated with users' installation activity, as good as it gets.
5
6 Even if we would have data for distfiles.gentoo.org this won't help us.
7 See how Gentoo works: If you follow handbook you will pick a
8 local/regional mirror. Now all these users are suddenly 'disconnected'
9 from the download stats...
13 Regards,
14 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
15 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5