From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] coreutils patch for 'ls -l' of GB files
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:06:41
1 Hi,
2
3 Jason Cooper wrote:
4
5 > So my question for you guys is this: Should I submit this to the
6 > coreutils owner? It's stupid simple, literally a one-line patch. I'd
7 > make it a command line option, but I think they left it hard-coded for a
8 > reason...
9
10 If you make your new behaviour default, you may break many peoples scripts
11 that expect the size column to be 8 characters long.
12
13 My opinion is that your modification should become accessible only through a
14 non-default commandline parameter.
15
16 Daniel
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list