From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New eclass: mate
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:04:59
1 On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 12:52:46 -0400
2 NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 06/10/2016 09:33 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 08:19:43 -0400
6 > > NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> # Ensure availibility of xz-utils on old EAPIs
9 > >> if [[ "${EAPI:-0}" -lt "6" ]]; then
10 > >> DEPEND="app-arch/xz-utils"
11 > >> fi
12 > >
13 > > One more thing. What is the rationale for this? I've tried hard, and I
14 > > can't find anything EAPI-conditional about dependency on xz-utils.
17 > There was a light discussion last time I posted this which resulted in
18 > the suggestion that it be included with EAPI 5. There were a lot of
19 > mixed opinions, and a lot of doubts one way or the other. Should be
20 > moot now though, as I think I'm going to follow through on perfinion's
21 > suggestion starting with EAPI 6 only.
22
23 Just to be clear, xz-utils situation is the same in all EAPIs. if you
24 want to be a good person, explicitly depend on it. But it's not
25 strictly necessary anymore since someone added it to @system out of
26 laziness.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny