From: Matteo Azzali <matte.az@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need a use-expanded TV_GRAB variable for xmltv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:48:16
1 I already did it , check http://pastebin.com/759475 , but truedfx wrote :
2
3 "Please don't do that. LINGUAS is for translations, nothing more, and
4 using it for xmltv grabbers will be a huge pain for everyone using
5 different languages than implied by their locations."
6
7 My solution is 3 use flags, tv_check , tv_pick_cgi and onlinguas.
8 If onlinguas is set, ebuild will emerge based on LINGUAS, if is unset
9 it will emerge the complete XMLTV (deps and grabbers).
12 >From what vapier told, the only other viable alternative is local use
13 flag, and if I'll not get a different definitive answer
14 from anyone else before tomorrow, I'll follow vapier instructions (he's
15 Gentoo Base System Project Leader ....).
16
17 mattepiu