From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need a use-expanded TV_GRAB variable for xmltv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 00:42:11
1 Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Matteo Azzali wrote:
3 >> Repoman considers "lots of local variables" as an error, I was pointed
4 >> to expanded vars as a solution.
5 >> If no developers has something against I'll be happy to use 28 local
6 >> flags!!!!
7 >>
8 >> mattepiu
9 >
10 > Well uh, no please.... Don't create 28 local use flags for one ebuild,
11 > use.local.desc is cluttered enough as it is... :)
12 >
13 > Otherwise, I'd say you've misunderstood the repoman output, you probably
14 > didn't put them into use.local.desc when testing your local stuff.
17 My plan with xmltv was to USE locales since the xmltv grabbers actually
18 use the same locale codes (i.e. "de" for the German ones). Granted
19 there's some differences (two "de" grabbers and they're called
20 xmltv_de_something and xmltv_de_something else). However the "de" locale
21 setting would turn both on.
22
23 I think that's the best option. But I just haven't had enough time to do it.
26 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
27 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/