From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Dealing with XDG directories in ebuild environment
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:58:51
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Sorry, I work on Portage. What I'm saying is that We are free to change the
3 > behavior of *portage* now; rather than waiting for a new EAPI. If an ebuild
4 > needs to define EAPI=eapi-next to 'correctly' use XDG_*, well that is
5 > someone else's can of worms.
6
7 Agreed: portage can clear those vars from the env as mgorny stated on the bug,
8 and an xdg.eclass (or w/e) can setup good defaults for packages which need
9 them. Presumably it'd be inherited by gnome and kde eclasses, for example,
10 so most people wouldn't even see it.
13 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)