From: joe derosa <derosa@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kde problem?
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:45:50
1 On Sunday 15 July 2001 12:23, you wrote:
2 > Last night I installed a clean version of the rc5 system using the i686
3 > binary CD (r2, to be exact) and emerge --usepkg system. I also emerged
4 > openssh, and I then used "emerge kdebase-2.1.1-r1.ebuild" to build X,
5 > kde, and anything else required along the way.
6
7 I just did something similar, except I used the build cd. But I also built
8 all of X and kde. When I was done, and I did an echo kde21 > .wm in my home
9 directory, X would crash, but I did get an error about access denied on
10 startkde. I looked at startkde and the permissions were 222, I changed them
11 to a+x and now it works fine.
12
13 Hope this helps
14