From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default USE changes for fortran and mudflap?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:29:10
1 On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:40:01 +0100
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I was also wondering about what we prefer if Michal's suggestion is not
5 > possible:
6 > - Build support for other langs by default -> More time when we need to
7 > emerge gcc or update it but less time as we don't need to rebuild for
8 > that (I remember when I needed to build pdftk and needed to wait for a
9 > gcc rebuild giving gcj support)
10 > - Build support for other langs disabled by default -> Well, does it
11 > save so much time to compensate the rebuilds we would need to do in the
12 > future when we need to emerge some package some time?
13
14 I think for most people the number of times they've upgraded gcc far outweighs
15 the number of times they've had to rebuild it to install a fortran package.
16 We should optimize for the common case.
20 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
21 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
22
23 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463