From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:47:33
1 Lares Moreau wrote:
2
3 > Upon doing some reading about what _exactly_ Gentoo council does, it
4 > seems to me that Gentoo Council is an operations board. I think what
5 > Patrick and Lance are getting at (correct me if I'm wrong) is that we
6 > need to have some form of Governance board. A board that doesn't worry
7 > about implementation details; a board that gives a long term vision to
8 > our project.
9
10 No, we don't need yet another board for this. Just a single voice.
11 Operating everything by a committee will get us no where but more
12 bureaucracy and headaches. See my previous email about where this person
13 would fit in.
14
15 > I am a big believer is having a common goal to unite all people who work
16 > with an organization. I'm sorry If I am repeating myself, but I feel
17 > this is an issue that is vital to the continued success of Gentoo.
18
19 Yup, I agree there. I think Gentoo is dying a slow death right now
20 because of the lack of vision in the past few years. Thus why I brought
21 this topic up because I'd like to see us move forward with progress.
24 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
25 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
26
27 ---
28 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
29 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
30
31 ramereth/irc.freenode.net