From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Interaction in ebuilds - bad idea?
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 20:12:28
1 On 05/01/04 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
2
3 > Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> writes:
4 >
5 > > ps. Besides this I feel the need to allow per-ebuild descriptions on
6 > > useflags. Those descriptions would describe what the consequences of
7 > > the useflags are. Like for subversion the berkdb useflag signifies
8 > > whether the server part gets build (because berkdb is needed for
9 > > that), it would be very usefull to have some easilly accessible
10 > > description for it.
11 >
12 > In this case, a "server" use flag would be more appropriate. It is
13 > the same reason that the X use flag should control whether x-chat
14 > builds with X support or text support, rather than the gtk use flag.
15
16 I agree on the "server" USE flag, too bad my last attempt at it got a
17 lot of oppositions. Maybe it's different now (as we have package.use), I
18 don't know.
19
20 Marius
25 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
26 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.