From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eudev project announcement
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:59:33
1 On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 07:07:09PM +0100, Micha?? G??rny wrote
2 >
3 > Waaait, what? Did something change lately or are you just repeating
4 > the same bullshit for months?
5
6 Older systemd boots OK with a separate /usr and eudev. But somehow,
7 somewhere along the line, as part of the merge, the udev portion of the
8 systemd tarball requires initramfs. See news item...
9 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=36326;list=gentoo
10 It was actually finally released 2012-03-16. If you disagree with that
11 news item, complain directly to its author. If you can boot a udev-181
12 or higher system with a separate /usr, and no intrd/initramfs, I'm sure
13 a lot of people would be very interested in knowing how.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications