From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcement of The G Palmtop Environment ebuilds
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:47:18
1 On 11:24 Tue 03 Feb , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > > We currently provide an eclass and ebuilds arranged by top level
3 > > categories following upstream categorization. Explicitly gpe.eclass and
4 > > top level gpe-base gpe-net gpe-pim gpe-games gpe-utils gpe-media
5 > > gpe-xsession.
6 > > We know we have a lot of them but upstream finds useful to classify them
7 > > like that and so do we.
8 >
9 > Could you expand on how each new category is useful?
10 >
11 > > The eclass and some ebuilds were based on bugzie #101393. We started
12 > > playing with them as big flat gpe-base category which evolved over time
13 > > by means of consecutive testing on ARMv5 handheld devices and needs.
14 > >
15 > > Since we are maintaining this over half a year now, we think that its
16 > > time to finally starting moving step-by-step the GPE suite into the
17 > > portage tree - starting with the eclass and toplevel categories.
18 >
19 > What are the stats on package count per category?
20
21 I got this from solar:
22
23 30 gpe-base
24 8 gpe-games
25 4 gpe-media
26 9 gpe-misc
27 2 gpe-net
28 32 gpe-phone
29 6 gpe-pim
30 18 gpe-utils
31 8 gpe-xsession
32
33 Unless those tiny ones are going to be growing a lot, I'm not terribly
34 convinced of this many new ones.
37 Thanks,
38 Donnie
39