From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcement of The G Palmtop Environment ebuilds
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:24:34
1 On 15:34 Tue 03 Feb , Angelo Arrifano wrote:
2 > We at -embedded would like to introduce GPE - The G Palmtop Environment.
3
4 Hi,
5
6 Very cool that you've been working on this!
7
8 > We currently provide an eclass and ebuilds arranged by top level
9 > categories following upstream categorization. Explicitly gpe.eclass and
10 > top level gpe-base gpe-net gpe-pim gpe-games gpe-utils gpe-media
11 > gpe-xsession.
12 > We know we have a lot of them but upstream finds useful to classify them
13 > like that and so do we.
14
15 Could you expand on how each new category is useful?
16
17 > The eclass and some ebuilds were based on bugzie #101393. We started
18 > playing with them as big flat gpe-base category which evolved over time
19 > by means of consecutive testing on ARMv5 handheld devices and needs.
20 >
21 > Since we are maintaining this over half a year now, we think that its
22 > time to finally starting moving step-by-step the GPE suite into the
23 > portage tree - starting with the eclass and toplevel categories.
24
25 What are the stats on package count per category?
28 Thanks,
29 Donnie
30
31 Donnie Berkholz