From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] suggestion: virtual/telnet
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:26:17
1 On Sunday 28 December 2003 03:34, Jason Wever wrote:
2
3 > I don't believe our intention or goal is to proactively protect the user
4 > from their own possible stupidity. Telnet is still rather viable for
5 > things (think terminal servers) and has many applications where security
6 > may not be a concern.
7
8 Mostly, as an administrator/power user, telnet is an absolute must for testing
9 services.
10
11 The block-telnet with a virtual/telnet is a good idea. A simple 1 line reason
12 for the block printed when portage shows the block would make things even
13 better.
14 Yes, it's work for a dev, but if it saves a multitude of questions later isn't
15 it worth the effort now?
18 Mike Williams
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list