From: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:25:52
1 Jon Portnoy wrote:
2
3 > I could make a case that emacs is just as standard as vi - should we
4 > include emacs?
5 [...]
6 > Why does any of that involve doing anything that nano cannot do but vim
7 > can?
8
9 The long and short of it?
10
11 "On all POSIX.2 conforming systems vi is available. This allows users to
12 move from one POSIX system to another without needing to learn a new
13 editor."
14
15 The selection of Nano seems to be rather arbitrary. Why not Joe, Pico or
16 any of the other simple, user-friendly editors?
19 Stewart Honsberger
20 http://blackdeath.snerk.org/
21 "Capitalists, by nature, organize to protect themselves.
22 -- Geeks, by nature, resist organizaion."
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list