From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gnome <gnome@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item about Gnome 3.8
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:44:09
1 El mar, 22-10-2013 a las 08:02 -0400, Rich Freeman escribió:
2 > On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > >>>>>> On Tue, 22 Oct 2013, Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> Lets compare it with the 2.32 one that looks to were valid in the
6 > >> past:
7 > >
8 > > That we had less than optimal news items in the past doesn't mean that
9 > > we shouldn't do better now.
10 >
11 > I also think that the need to move to systemd is certainly worth a mention.
12 >
13 > I don't think news items need to be completely self-contained, but
14 > they should include any significant issues. Changing an init system
15 > and re-configuring all your daemons is certainly a significant issue.
16 >
17 > Rich
21 The last revision includes this reference:
22 "The guide will also show you
23 how to migrate to systemd as it is the only supported setup now."
24
25 But the news item cannot contain all the information needed for that ->
26 people need to read the pointed guide for that :/