From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] why is net.eth0 started, even though it's not in any runlevel?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:47:41
1 Hi,
2
3 when i load the module for my network-card, then baselayout thinks, that
4 it's a good idea to a) start net.eth0 even though it's not in any
5 runlevel and b) start net.eth0 in runlevel boot.
6
7 So that's something, that i don't really understand. I think, that the
8 following behaviour would be more more intuitive:
9
10 a) check if net.eth0 is really configured to be started within this boot
11 (for example it wouldn't be nice, if net.eth0 is started, even though
12 we're booting into runlevel "nonetwork")
13
14 b) schedule net.eth0 to be started later, when we really enter the
15 runlevel "default" for which net.eth0 is configured
18 I think, you will actually tell me to use "RC_PLUG_SERVICES" in
19 /etc/conf.d/rc to disable hotplug triggered started of net.eth0.
20
21 But does it really solve everything?