From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why is net.eth0 started, even though it's not in any runlevel?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:34:10
1 On Sunday 22 October 2006 18:42, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > when i load the module for my network-card, then baselayout thinks, that
3 > it's a good idea to a) start net.eth0 even though it's not in any
4 > runlevel and b) start net.eth0 in runlevel boot.
5
6 yes, the default behavior is to do hot/cold plugging
7
8 if you dont like that, you're free to:
9 > I think, you will actually tell me to use "RC_PLUG_SERVICES" in
10 > /etc/conf.d/rc to disable hotplug triggered started of net.eth0.
11
12 > But does it really solve everything?
13
14 i disable hot/cold plugging completely myself
15 -mike