From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified nVidia Driver Ebuild ready for testing
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:53:15
1 On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:49:04PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > I thought that we (gentoo devs) were trying to split the modules from ebuilds,
3 > so that people don't need to waste time with userland when rebuilding modules
4 > after kernel update.
5
6 We are. At least that's the policy suggested by the kernel herd. This
7 policy also allows applying securiy/bug fixes to kernel modules
8 without forcing users to recompile the userland part and vice versa.
9
10 Regards,
11 Brix
12 --
13 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
14 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd