From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: packages.g.o: new features available
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 08:54:39
1 On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 20:48:44 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The "easy" workaround is to use `dev-perl/Gentoo-PerlMod-Version`, and
5 > have it munch upstreams version into a "gentoo normalized version", and
6 > then use that version for comparison.
9 Actually, on that note, it *might* be of benefit to people to advertise
10 in the package page, what the "upstream version" is.
11
12 If we can also use this to feed however repology detects what versions
13 we have, then we'll look better on repology.