From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: steev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/x11 cleanups
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:15:05
1 On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:48:48 -0500
2 Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o> wrote:
3 > Donnie wants to remove virtual/x11 (can ya blame him?) and since
4 > Josh_B has retired (for now! ;) ) I wanted to help Donnie out a bit,
5 > since he is busy and X is a massive undertaking... a "quick" grep of
6 > the tree excluding ChangeLog files shows 3319 occurrences of
7 > virtual/x11 still in the tree. I don't have a list as that is a lot
8 > of occurrences, so if you maintain something that uses X, please take
9 > a glance through your ebuilds and make sure they have the true
10 > package deps and perhaps help lighten Donnie's load.
11
12 I decided to just start committing tonight, and some #gentoo-commits
13 spectators apparently noticed and wanted to join in the fun. Between
14 me, calchan, omp, graaff, drac, dirtyepic, and pva, we finished
15 all of the changes! Sorry if I left anyone out, I just looked on CIA
16 (which we completely took control of, btw).
17
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie