From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:59:17
1 On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 06:34, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > I never assumed to write xml by hand - Stuarts email sound a bit like it - but
3 > even "field1"<enter>, "field2"<enter>, ... would be annoying. If echangelog
4 > would be smart and parse the input, that would be ok. Maybe I got it wrong,
5 > but I was under the impression that there would be at least one new field be
6 > introduced, indicating the importance of a bug fix; And a increasing number
7 > of fields wouldn't make parsing input simpler. If using xml doesn't
8 > complicate writing the ChangeLog I'm all for it.
9
10 What about something like:
11
13
14 Then you make echangelog a bit smart. You could use it in several ways.
15
16 echangelog "text here" for changes that are made without a bug attached
17 or any additional information.
18
19 echangelog "text here" "69" for changes that are made to close bug #69.
20
21 But what if you want to enter <foo> but not a bug? Then you would use
22 echangelog "text here" "" "foo" (just an idea).
23
24 All of this would keep echangelog from getting too complex, while still
25 giving it flexibility. Any better ideas are definitely welcome... =]
28 Chris Gianelloni
29 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
30 Gentoo Linux
31
32 Is your power animal a penguin?