From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v5] Planning for automatic assignment computation of bugs
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 02:07:13
1 On 05/03/10 23:49, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Known prototypes:
3 > =================
4 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~rbu/assign.py
5 > - I believe this prototype is fully up to date, it just takes
6 > herds/metadata.xml as well as a string, and gives you the output the
7 > commandline.
8 > rbu: can you confirm that your prototype matches the proposal?
9
10 I have fork of that laying around here:
11 http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=eassign.git;a=summary
12
13 When rbu and I last talked about it we came to the conclusion that the
14 tool serves several distinct use cases ..
15
16 - backend use by bugzilla
17 - command line use on package X, even without a bug
18 - security team usage (forgot the details)
19
20 .. and that they need to be split smartly to keep each working in a
21 shared codebase. python modules and three entry point scripts on it
22 could work.
23
24 I know that neither rbu nor me have resources for the code of this atm,
25 maybe idl0r has? I'd like to be notified on progress, though.
26
27 Two regex related things I'd like to append:
28
29 - I've been using this alternative regex for but title extraction
30 elsewhere before, seems to work well:
31
32 package_pattern =
33 re.compile('\\b(?P<category>[a-z0-9_+-]+-[a-z0-9_+-]+)/(?P<package>[a-z0-9_+-]+(?:[a-z_+]+[0-9]+|[a-z0-9_+-]+[a-z+]+))')
34
35 - If you stick with the original pattern, this patch may still help:
36
37 http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=eassign.git;a=commitdiff;h=7ad3cd607589aba7a1528dbd0744a942d18065eb
40 > How is it integrated into workflow?
41 > ===================================
42 > [..]
43 > 5. Javascript then appends the server results into the "Additional
44 > Comments" box: a suggested assignee and suggested CC values, with logic
45 > as to why.
46
47 assign.py does not explain reasoning, yet.
50 > Assignment/CC computing:
51 > ========================
52 > Step 1 - Summary line processing
53 > --------------------------------
54 > [..]
55 > 3. Process ALL atoms in the summary line, using any after the first for CC
56 > only. (new in v4)
57
58 I'm unsure about the handling of order:
59 it wouldn't work well for "dependency foo/bar missing on foo2/bar2".
62 > Step 2 - Metadata.xml contains only a herd
64 > 1. Take the herd element, and look up the herd in herds.xml to convert
65 > to an email address. This email address must be a valid bugzilla
66 > account.
67
68 This may need a replacement map. Think media-video versus video,
69 perl-bugs versus perl, etc.
72 Best,
76 Sebastian