From: Joris Van den Bogerd <joris.vandenbogerd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why I don't think the CoC is a good idea
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:25:59
1 On 3/15/07, Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thursday 15 March 2007 10:15, Jeff Gardner wrote:
4 > > > Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o> wrote:
5 > > >> [...] But then, why do we need a Code of Conduct at all?
6 > >
7 > > I don't see as we need a CoC at all. The Etiquette policy should
8 > > suffice. We're all adults here and we don't need another
9 > > babysitter^H^H^H^H^H^H^H police force to watch our every move.
10 > +1
11 > > The more I read of this, the more I'm convinced that all this yapping
12 > > amounts to a few people seeking justification for kicking ciaranm off
13 > > the list.
14 > +1
15 > > As for gentoo losing developers over a spat on IRC or a ML, well.. I for
16 > > one question the motivation and dedication of anyone deciding to resign
17 > > over something so childish....
18 > And before drobbins kloeri said that there was no major impact (I don't
19 > even
20 > think he said major but can't find the reference right now).
21 >
22 > --
23 > Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)
26 Just an idea, but why not go and see how other big distro's handle that
27 issue? We can learn from their experience and avoid making the same
28 mistakes. Comparative analysis could save time and effort.