From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why I don't think the CoC is a good idea
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:10:39
1 On Thursday 15 March 2007 10:15, Jeff Gardner wrote:
2 > > Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o> wrote:
3 > >> [...] But then, why do we need a Code of Conduct at all?
4 >
5 > I don't see as we need a CoC at all. The Etiquette policy should
6 > suffice. We're all adults here and we don't need another
7 > babysitter^H^H^H^H^H^H^H police force to watch our every move.
8 +1
9 > The more I read of this, the more I'm convinced that all this yapping
10 > amounts to a few people seeking justification for kicking ciaranm off
11 > the list.
12 +1
13 > As for gentoo losing developers over a spat on IRC or a ML, well.. I for
14 > one question the motivation and dedication of anyone deciding to resign
15 > over something so childish....
16 And before drobbins kloeri said that there was no major impact (I don't even
17 think he said major but can't find the reference right now).
20 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)