From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SVG-GFX autoconf issue
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:04:45
1 On Wednesday 28 January 2004 10:08, Michaeljohn Clement wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am attempting to compile glGo, an client for playing the game of Go,
5 > which requires the sdl-gfx library, which I emerged with no problems.
6 >
7 > However the .configure fails with the following joy:
8 >
9 > checking SDL/SDL_rotozoom.h usability... no
10 > checking SDL/SDL_rotozoom.h presence... no
11 > checking for SDL/SDL_rotozoom.h... no
12 > configure: error:
13 > SDL_gfx headers not found.
14 > Please install the SDL_gfx development package: http://www.libsdl.org
15 >
16 > Which struck me as odd since I had just emerged sdl-gfx. However, I
17 > further noticed that in fact /usr/include/SDL/ does not include these
18 > files... they are rather dumped in /usr/include/ directly, which is not
19 > where sdl-config looks for them. Creating symlinks fixed the problem,
20 > but I strongly suspect the .h files are just ending up in the wrong
21 > place during installation, all other SDL header files are in
22 > /usr/include/SDL/. So, is this a problem upstream, or in the ebuild, or
23 > something else?
24
25 Files in /usr/include should be included as /usr/include is the default
26 include path and so should allways be found. It could be that your gcc setup
27 is broken. sdl-config does not look for anything at all, it just "remembers"
28 how to use libsdl.
29
30 Paul
33 Paul de Vrieze