From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request for changes to GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:02:43
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2
3 > I've never said (that I think that) the majority supports GLEP 41. In
4 > fact, i think the vast majority bluntly doesn't care about it at all, as
5 > they aren't affected by it anyway. However, of those who gave feedback
6 > on the first draft, a majority said "we need a subdomain". Those who
7 > thought that a subdomain would be a bad idea didn't step up at that
8 > moment (including me), at least if I recall right.
9
10 You can't expect me to follow every single email/thread that comes up on
11 -dev. I tried my best to follow this thread, and decided I would wait on
12 the revised glep to see what was finally decided on to try. Since I
13 never saw the revised glep until the day before the council vote, it
14 made it very hard for me to voice my opinion on the subdomain idea.
17 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
18 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
19
20 ---
21 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
22 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
23
24 ramereth/irc.freenode.net